24. Juli 2017

Yay for cupcakes - a sketch and color challenge


When my mojo is on strike and my creativity got stuck and I don't know where to start or what to color I usually turn to card challenges for some input. 
I used the current sketch and color chart from MFT card challenges to get my creative juices flowing.

I recently got some new mft stamps - the cute hippos and an awesome handwritten sentiment set. And I'm in love with the "yay for cake" sentiment. That was the inspiration for this card.  Who doesn't love cake for birthdays and what is better that a shower of cupcakes ­čśŐ


The triangled shape from the sketch I dipped in oxide ink and in my mind it looks like those sunshades from the bakery shops. Since it's raining cupcakes I spritzed the coral background with some perfect pearls water to give it some sparkle and shine.


I simply love the black soot oxide ink - it gives such an awesome chalkboard look, perfect for that written sentiment - don't you think? 




Lieben Dank f├╝rs Vorbeischauen ❤ thanks for stopping by ❤
habt einen tollen Tag und bis bald,   have a great day

taking part in:



Material / supplies: 
  • Papier / paper: smooth bristol CS Clairefontaine; XL Aquarell by Canson
  • Stempel / stamps:  "happy hippos", "handwritten happiness" by My Favorite Things
  • Stempelkissen / ink pads: Memento tuxedo black, VersaMark both by Tsukineko  
  • Distress Oxide: black soot, broken china, peacock feathers by Ranger
  • Distress Inks:  abandoned coral by Ranger
  • Stanzen/ dies: "stitched scallop basic edge" by My Favorite Things
  • Farbe/ color: Copic Marker 
  • Sonstiges/ misc: perfect pearls by Ranger;
    Embossing Powder white by Hero Arts

Kommentare:

  1. This is adorable, Claudia. Congrats on your MFT win this week!

    AntwortenL├Âschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much, Cynthia ♥ I still can't believe I've won

      L├Âschen