12. Mai 2017

Underwater world - Lawnfanatics Challenge No4


"This must be underwater love..... follow me now to a place you only dream of...."
(song lyrics of 'underwater love' by smoke city)


Since I got the new Distress Oxide Inks I am fascinated how awesome they work on dark cardstock colors. 
I love them on Kraft (as you can see here ,here and here) and I wanted to try them on black ever since - so here we are :D

I used a stencil and some Oxides to create some kind of kelp forest were the mermaids use to play hide and seek and cute little jellyfish and starfish illuminating the underwater world. 
The Oxides really pop on the black cardstock and the droplets look like airbubbles. I am in love - and it definitely won't be the last time I used these great inks on black 

To complete the underwater world I die-cut a grassy border from black cardstock as well and treated it the same way like the background: sponging and spritzing on some Oxide inks.


The happy mermaid and her friends are colored with copic markers and have some white gelly pen and wink of stella glitter details. 






thanks for stopping by ❤
have a great day


taking part in the Lawnfanatics Challenge #4 black, white & bright

 




Material / supplies: 
  • Papier / paper: black cardstock
  • Stempel / stamps: "Mermaid for you", "so jelly" both by Lawn Fawn
  • Stempelkissen / ink pads: Memento tuxedo black, VersaMark, by Tsukineko 
  • Distress Oxide:  broken china, cracked pistacchio by Ranger
  • Stanzen/ dies: "meadow border" by Lawn Fawn
  • Farbe/ color: Copic Marker, gelly roll white by sakura, wink of stella clear by kuretake zig
  • Sonstiges/ misc: Layering Stencil "THS079 Feathers" by Tim Holtz;
    Embossing Powder "white" by Hero Arts

Kommentare:

  1. Absolutely amazing card! I love the unique and innovative underwater design! So happy you shared with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    AntwortenLöschen