22. Februar 2017

Hello Spring - Watercoloring with Distress Inks

Hello again, it's been some time since my last post. I've been away from my crafting table for quite some time now and I discovered in the past the best way to get my mojo flowing is doing some coloring.

I haven't been crafting for a while but I bought new stuff in the mean time and so I finally ordered these flower stamps by Tim Holtz. I always wanted those, but it seems the got discontinued, because it was terribly hard to find them. 



I started of by stamp one flower onto watercolor paper with Archival Ink, and stamped again onto some post-it paper, because I want to do some masking. I fuzzy cut the flower from the post-it paper and placed my mask onto the first flower. Then I stamped again and again until I was satisfied with the arrangement of the flowers. I added some stems and let it all dry for just a few minutes. 
This is what I love about this set, the seperate flower heads and the stem pieces. So you can mix and match from a flower background to a whole bouquet or just a single flower.



I watercolored the flowers and the background with Distress Inks. Since I wanted to create some Cherry flowers (I think the stamp is supposed to be a poppy) I looked up some reference pictures and chose spun sugar for the main color and added some picked raspberry mixed with a little bit of aged mahogany for the center of the flowers. For a soft sky background I used tumbled glass.


To finish the card I die cut the word 'hello' from a light pinkish colored piece of cardstock twice, glued them together and onto the card. Then I coated the word with glossy accents.


This is it for today :D 
I hope you're having a great and creative day
See you soon

Claudia


Materials I used:

paper: watercolor cardstock

stamps: flower garden (CMS215) by Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection

Inks: Jet Black Archival Ink by Ranger

Distress Inks: Aged Mahogany, Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey

dies: hello there die-namics by My Favorite Things

misc: glossy accents, post-it notes paper (for masking)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen