16. Dezember 2016

Nessie in Winter Wonderland │ An unbelievable Christmas

I haven't see a single snowflake yet. I love the shimmery blanket of fresh fallen snow. All the glitter and sparkle :D

In the summertime I sent Nessie on vacation in the caribbean, you may remember the card - you can take a look here: Nessie on vacation 
I decided to make a similar card but wintery white. So here it is, Nessie in sparkly winter Wonderland. 



For the background I blended some blue Distress Ink onto watercolor paper and used some glimmer mist to add a whole lot of sparkle. Nessie is colored with cold grey copic markers and then I covered her heavily with clear wink of stella to give her a frosty shimmery look. She reminds me of an ice dragon. There is soooo much shimmer, the picture is showing just a glimpse of the magic :) I try to upload a short video on my instagram


The sentiment seems to be black at first, but I used a special embossing powder on the word 'unbelievable'. The embossing powder is a clear one with a bith of shimmer in it, but the magic happends when you heat it with your heat tool. The longer you heat it the shimmer changes color in rainbow order. So I put more heat towards the center of the word and it changed to orange and yellow where both ends are still a bluish purple. It's so fascinating, I love it. 


And that's not the end of glitter. I used everything glittery I could find in my stash ;) I die-cut the star frame and the snowflakes from silver glitter paper and added some foil flakes.
Is it too much??? - what's too much glitter anyway :P 


Have an icy nice day

see you soon
Claudia




Material I used:

paper: Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock by Ranger, bristol cardstock by exacompta, 
silver glitter wrapping paper (yeeees! can you believe it???)

stamps: lovable legends, frosty fairy friends (word 'christmas') all by Lawn Fawn

inks: VersaFine onyx black, Memento tuxedo black

dies: stars by Little B, crystalline border by memory box

Distress Ink: tumbled glass

glitter: embossing powder kalaidoscope by Gütermann, glimmer mist (dazzling diamond, silver sugar, patina), foil flakes, wink of stella brush pen (clear)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen