5. November 2016

Skating by to decorate the tree

Time to get some christmas cards done ;) I'm always starting to late and this time I am trying to start early and send them in early december too :D

Some huge help this year is the 6th coloring challenge hosted by Kathy Racoosin over at Instagram, started November 1st. It's a coloring challenge and it's about taking a few minutes each day to color some of your favorite stamps or coloring pages/ books. You don't have to color every day but it's so much fun I've been doing this challenge everytime since the first challenge and I always had such a great time and met some wonderful crafters, some of them even become friends in real life. 

I always enjoy this creative me-time and on top it gives me a lot of colored images ready to make a card with. Today is day five - and by the way it is not to late to join in - and I break in my penguin stamps I got a while ago. Since the penguin isn't a lot to color I try to make a quick card.


I colored the penguin with copic markers, got him a little santa hat and a christmas bauble and he's ready to decorate the tree - swooooosh


For the background I lightly blended on some blue Distress Ink and stamped some snowflakes in aqua and platinum.


I mounted the background onto a white cardbase on which I blended the edges lightly with the same blue Distress Ink.


Have a n-ice day :D
see you soon

Claudia


materials I used:

paper: smooth white bristol cardstock by exacompta

stamps: arctic penguins, jingle greetings by Mama Elephant; 
snowflakes from various Lawn Fawn stamp sets

inks: VersaFine onyx black, Memento tuxedo black, VersaMagic sea breeze, Brilliance platinum planet all by Tsukineko

Distress Inks: tumbled glass

dies: crea-nest XXL No24 stitched rectangles by Crea-Lies

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen