6. November 2016

Happy Bird-day

No it's not national bird day :) 

It's the birthday of Julia aka @mimizukupapeterie (blog: pieces for happiness) and Mimizuku is the latin nomenclature for a sweet little owl known as the scoops owl or eagle owl :D 

So I made her a birthday card with a cute little owl by Averyelle and did a little change to the greeting ;)


For the background I used my watercolors to create a pinkish base then I used the gold color from gansai tambi and spritzed some golden droplets on the dried background. I also painted the die cut feathers with browns and highlighted some parts with the gold.


For even more structure I used a stencil and some embossing paste on the background. The sentiment is stamped onto vellum and kraft cardstock.



Have a beautiful sunday
see you soon

Claudia


Materials I used:

paper: watercolor paper Torchon 275g/m², (vellum) tracing paper smooth 110g/m² (55lbs) both by Hahnemühle; kraft cardstock

stamps: (owl) woodland wonders by Averyelle; (words happy + day) mom + me by Lawn Fawn; (word bird) calli letters by Mama Elephant

dies: fanciful feathers by Wplus9

colors: watercolors by White Night, gold by Kuretake Gamsai; copic markers

stencil: custom made with my Silhouette Cameo

misc: white embossing powder by Hero Arts; white embossing paste Wendy Vecchi by Dreamweaver

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen