13. Oktober 2016

Beast friend - a Halloween Yeti

Oh how I love this season :D Autumn with it's beautiful colors and it is the month of halloween too. My favorite holiday (besides christmas) - too bad it isn't celebrated in Germany much and not at all like in the USA.
I got some new stamps to play with: the Beast Friends from My Favorite Things. Isn't the Yeti the cutest??? I really enjoy the halloween color combination and I decided to create a halloween-ish card since the Yeti is some kind of beast too - and the punny sentiments are so damn funny.


I blended the background with Distress Inks - as usual :D
I used low tacky tape to create a border and blended wilted violet on getting lighter towards the top. Then I darken it with blueprint sketch at the bottom. And at last I spritzed it with water - it never cease to amaze me :)


For the Yeti I used at first a light wash of Distress Inks - antique linen for the white part and pumice stone for face and belly and such - then I colored in details with colored pencils.



Have a creative day and see you soon

Claudia




Material:

stamps: "BB beast friends" (Yeti, paw prints and sentiment) by My Favorite Things; "Pick 'N Mix" (tiny bats) by Avery Elle

Inks: VersaFine onyx black pigment ink pad (for the sentiment); StazOn jet black solvent ink pad (for watercoloring) 

paper: watercolor paper (for the background) von Rossmann (local drugstore); Canson Imagine Mix Media (for stamped image and die cutting)

Distress Inks: antique linen, blueprint sketch, carved pumpkin, pumice stone, twisted citron, wilted violet

colors: Polychromos colored artist pencils by Faber Castell

dies: hillside borders by Lawn Fawn

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen