21. September 2016

Hi cutie pie - Lawnscaping Challenge No138 Geometric

There is a new Lawnscaping Challenge and it's called "geometric" 
And this is what I come up with:


My first geometric piece is the plaid background. It is made with distress inks. I saw this a few days ago from Fracine Vuillème and I was so in love with that technique that I needed to give it a try immediately. I tape off stripes in different width and blended Distress Inks on. Before I started overlapping the stripes I quickly dry the first layer with my heat tool, so they won't blend into each other too much.


The next geometric form is a circle
I placed the cute little fox on a circle stamped with leaves. Since the copic colored leaves seemed so bright and stealing the show from the fox I placed another circle of vellum over it. Problem solved ;)


Here's a close-up of the fox holding or guarding his yummy pie. I colored him with copic marker as well. 




Have a creative day

Claudia


participating in:


Lawnscaping Challenge No138 Geometric

sponsored by Lawn Fawn









Material:

Paper: bristol cardstock by exacompta, kraft cardbase, paper doily, vellum

stamps: cutie pie (sentiment), holiday party animal (small pie), jump for joy (leaves), mom + me (fox) all by Lawn Fawn

Distress Inks: aged mahogany, mustard seed, spiced marmelade, wild honey

dies: stitched borders, stitched scalloped borders by Lawn Fawn 
crea-nest XXL No24 stitched rectangles by Crea-Lies
circles framelits by Sizzix

misc: white embossing powder by Hero Arts

1 Kommentar:

  1. Not sure what I love most - the doily, the little fox or the subtle leaves behind him. Such a great idea to tone them down, yet still provide focus to them. Thanks for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! -Roxanne

    AntwortenLöschen