30. September 2015

Twilight in Venice - Monet and Mama Elephant


Today I am taking part in a challenge over on instagram which is called IG Crafty Crew bimonthly card challenge, which is hosted and inspired by Maggie (rahzicraft on IG).

Here is what she wrote to explain the challenge and how it should work:

     "There are two challenges per month - an "easy" theme and a "hard" theme. The chosen hard theme for the month of september is MONET. The idea is to spent a little time looking at this famous artist's work, and let that inspire you to create your own Monet masterpiece. Sandy Allnock was the author of this idea in her instructional video of Van Gogh's starry night: Draw Van Gogh's Starry Night. It was so fun and instructional that we wanted to continue being inspired by the masters."

Okay tough challenge though.....
I must admit Monet is my favourite artist since I was little. For a very long time I had a poster of one of his waterlily paintings tape to my bedroom door. So I spent a little time browsing his works of art. I always love that he created such beautiful and atmospheric paintings. I love sunsets so I choose this particularly painting by Monet:

It's called "Twilight - Venice" and it was painted in 1908 

So I crabbed my beloved Distress Ink pads and started re-creating these luscious colours of that amazing sunset over the laguna of Venice. 

Oh how I wanted to be right there right now *sigh 

I just love these ink pads. The colours blend so nicely and they have the perfect glow for a sunset. I worked with those triangular shaped cosmetic sponges to get the waves and the streaks in the evening sky. Then I added a skyline and the reflections on the water. Since it's going to be a card I looked through my stash of stamps and I didn't know at first which cute critter(s) would fit this lovely scene.... Then - as most of the time - I combined two stamp sets. I picked the umbrella from up and away and the bunny and the mouse from Ella and friends - both by Mama Elephant 


I think it looks so sweet how they're sailing in their umbrella in the laguna of Venice and putting up the stars in the sky - or just have catched falling star from the sky.
Therefore I've chosen the sentiment "It's written in the stars" by Averyelle and embossed it with platinum embossing powder.


I popped them up with foam squares of different thickness to get a 3d effect.

I hope you enjoyed my little journey in the world of famous artists. Take a look on instagram to see what the others have come up with hashtag: #igcc150930h


materials:
watercolor paper
distress ink pads
stamps: Ella and friends, up and away 
(mama elephant); written in the stars (averyelle)
platinum embossing powder
copic markers
bristol cardstock by exacompta








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen